Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mike Lombardo

This morning, I went with a few friends of mine for breakfast in the Berklee Caf. I decided to gets some omelettes when who should be in front of me but Mike Lombardo. We started talking about random stuff like the theory of relativity, our love for singer/songwriter Jonathan Coulton, Whitest Kids U Know and pimped-out PC's. Prior to this, we met twice before; once to see him and my friend Andy in their Ben Folds/Ben Folds Five tribute and at my friend Nick's place playing Battle of the Sexes. We then grabbed a table and he started telling me about his music and how he wants to try and follow in the footsteps of JoCo (Jonathan Coulton) as Mike puts it and write a song a week. I just check out his myspace a few minutes ago and all the songs are quite catchy. I would say he sounds like a mix of Ben Folds and Todd Rundgren, but definitely with his own brand of style mixed in as well. Very unpredictable in the way he writes songs as well. Check out the tracks "If I Say" and "Goodnight Bright Eyes".

Mike Lombardo Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment