Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Does It Offend You, Yeah?

Many weeks ago, when I heard about the band, "Chester French," (who I'll mention in a future post because they're amazing!) they were on a list of "Artists to Look Out For" in Rolling Stone, Spin, or one of the other credible music magazines out there. I checked these guys out on the list and at first glance, I wasn't impressed. This was also at a time where I was very narrow-minded about the music I listened to. I remembered there name the other day and decided to take a listen to them again and see if my musical palate had changed. After listening to the song, "Dawn Of The Dead," I was immediately hooked! Many consider them to be electro rock, with is an accurate description of the group. While getting many of their influences from electronic/dance groups like Daft Punk, Justice and Ratatat, you can hear the subtle 80's one hit wondery in songs like, "Dawn of the Dead," and influence from their contemporaries like Bloc Party which you can hear in songs like, "Epic Last Song." Regardless, these English gents definitely have more than one hit on their hands. No tour for them as of yet, since they finished their '08 tour back in August, but let's hope they come back to tour soon!

Does It Offend You, Yeah? Main Site
Does It Offend You, Yeah? Myspace
Does It Offend You, Yeah? Wiki

No comments:

Post a Comment